Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you’ll know that we’re living in the digital age. This can mean many different things but for many hopeful singletons; this can mean new ways of finding love. Many are increasingly turning to online dating sites to aid the journey and it has proven quite an enjoyable experience for some. With so many different sites to choose from, many Christians are thankful that there are Christian dating sites aiming to connect people from similar belief and value systems. With that being said, there can still be negative connotations attached to the idea. We asked a few people what they thought.
- It gives you options and provides an easy way for you to find new people who may be interested in the same things you are. Not everyone will be in a position where they have the opportunity to meet potential partners. Online dating means there’s always possibilities.
- If you’re quite a shy person, it’s less daunting to start a conversation online that it is to start one in person. It takes a lot of the pressure off. You have time to think of responses and represent yourself in the best possible way.
- There’s nothing wrong with it on a biblical level. In fact we’ve come a long way since those days. Arranged marriage within the Christian community seems to have massively decreased. Online dating means that we still keep our free will and maintain our choice to enter into a relationship.
- If you prefer organic friendships and relationships this may not be the way to go. A lot of people prefer meeting someone in real life and getting to know them through more conventional methods of communication.
- You never really know someone. People have the opportunities to present themselves in whichever way they please and sadly this may mean that people lie about their interests or what they’re really about.
- Online dating can be expensive. Christian Connection, the UK’s number 1 Christian dating website costs £24 a month for a membership. Though many might argue that £288 a year to find love is a small price to pay.