Accused Victorian Tinder rapist bailed | #tinder | #pof

A Victorian man charged with choking and raping women he met on Tinder has been bailed.

Brett Taylor is accused of raping a 19-year-old after the pair met on the dating app and met up at a Drouin pub, in the state’s West Gippsland region, in October 2018.

After a dinner of pizza, court documents allege Taylor drove the woman to a housing estate car park, raped her and choked her until she struggled to breathe.

In March this year, Taylor is also accused of choking and raping an 18-year-old woman as she went in and out of consciousness at Burwood in Melbourne’s east.

They met over Tinder and were drinking when the woman began to feel funny and went to bed, police said.

The next thing she remembered was being naked, with Taylor at the foot of her bed putting on a condom, court documents alleged.

Taylor was granted bail by the Supreme Court Justice Paul Coghlan on Wednesday. The young man faces four charges of rape and two of assault by choking.

The 25-year-old’s barrister, Pardeep Tiwana, previously told the court the sex and “erotic asphyxiation” was consensual in both cases.

Taylor’s successful bail application came nearly three weeks after a magistrate ordered he remain behind bars.

His first alleged victim confronted him about 18 months later, when she came across his profile on Tinder again.

“Remember how I kept saying ‘no’ and u kept pressuring me lol. And then I cried after,” the woman said, according to police.

“Good times. F*** you. If a girl says no she means no.”

After being arrested, Taylor allegedly told police he matched with hundreds of girls on Tinder and didn’t choke much anymore unless someone was into it.

He’s due back in Melbourne Magistrates Court on October 23 for a committal mention.


Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .