#bumble | #tinder | #pof Alleged dating app rapist’s victim testifies

A man has been accused of using dating apps including Bumble to lure women he sexually assaulted.

A woman who claims an alleged dating app rapist coerced her into giving him oral sex has told a court she didn’t immediately call police because she “just wanted it to be over”.

David Gabrieli, a French national living in Sydney, is accused of sexually assaulting four women he met on popular dating apps RSVP and Bumble between August 2017 and January 2018.

His District Court trial has heard he posed online as a doctor who worked at the Swiss embassy, and used photographs of an Albanian footballer Lorik Cana in an attempt to attract women and convince them to visit his Maroubra apartment.

French man David Gabrieli.

Read Next

The father-of-two, 39, has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges including 13 counts of indecent assault, 5 counts of sexual intercourse without consent, 2 counts of aggravated sexual intercourse without consent and 2 counts of detaining for advantage.

On Tuesday, the court heard one of his alleged victims organised to meet him for coffee near his Boyce Rd home on August 20, 2017.

When they found the cafe was closing, he invited her back to his unit where they started kissing and he allegedly began groping her and tried to “take things further”, which she refused.

She told him she had her period, the court heard, but Mr Gabrieli wanted her to “go down” on him and lay down on a bed asking her to “suck it”.

Police allege Gabrieli posed as a doctor on dating apps. Picture: Eric Baradat/AFP

On Monday, Crown prosecutor Sally Traynor told the jury: “She thought that if she gave him oral sex, it would stop him from having vaginal sex with her.”

As she tried to leave she said Gabrieli asked her “really weird questions” including how regular her periods were and if she had been pregnant before.

She said she had spoken to him over the phone before they met about where she worked and may have told him where she lived.

“I was very fearful that he would know where I lived,” she said.

Gabrieli’s barrister Mark Brady questioned the woman over why she chose not to report the incident to police if it was a “serious” as she claimed.

“I just wanted to forget about it,” she said.

Mr Brady suggested the reason why she did not call police, and instead called a friend, was because the version of events relayed to the court “was not true”.

“I disagree, I’ve got no reason to lie. I’m telling the truth,” the woman said.

It was not until August 2018, a year after the alleged incident, that the woman called Crime Stoppers.

She said the decision was sparked by reading a news article detailing sexual assault claims that included a picture of the man she had met.

The woman’s friend told the court she received a phone call from the complainant on the night of August 20, 2017 and could tell she “didn’t sound like herself”.

“Her voice was very low, very quiet,” she said.

“She just sounded uncomfortable talking about it, she was reluctant to elaborate on things.”

The trial continues.

Court reporter

Sydney

Heath Parkes-Hupton is a court reporter for NCA NewsWire based in Sydney. He previously worked as a digital reporter for NewsLocal, writing for mastheads including the Wentworth Courier, Central Sydney and the … Read more

Read Next


Source link
.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .