ROSES are red, violets are blue, Dean Gaffney’s back on the market – so form an orderly queue.
Yes, I’m looking to you, lucky ladies of Great Britain.
Seven months after he split from his gorgeous girlfriend Rebekah Rose-Ward, the EastEnders legend, who plays hapless Robbie Jackson, one-time owner of pet dog Wellard, is looking for love again.
But rather than attempting to pull in a bar or get his mates to set him up, Dean is trying his luck on Bumble, where women have to make the first move.
A source said: “Dean waited a while after his split with Rebekah before putting himself back out on the dating scene.
“It may be a bit of a shock for a lot of women to see someone like him on a regular dating app but it shows he is up for finding a normal girl, rather than someone in showbiz.
“He’s a down-to-earth guy who doesn’t take life too seriously and just wants someone to spend time with. Dean knows he’s casting the net wide but he thinks that way there is more of a chance of meeting Mrs Right.”
Before he calmed down, Dean was a notorious ladies’ man and admitted cheating on his girlfriend of 22 years, Sarah Burge — mum of his twin daughters.
But after their split in 2015, Dean promised he had cleaned up his act.
He said: “I’m a red-blooded male. I make mistakes like every other human. And it’s about learning from those mistakes.
“I wasn’t proud at the time of the choices that I made. It’s not acceptable to treat women in that way.”
He went on to date model Rebekah, but she ditched him after three years together.
Even though he’s now 41, Dean reckons his best years are ahead of him. He said: “I don’t care if this sounds big-headed, I do feel I’m a fine wine getting better with age.”
Swipe right, ladies. And let me know what happens?.?.?.
READ ON FOR MORE OF SIMON BOYLE’S BIZARRE COLUMN
Quite white, Maya
IT’S a bit late for Maya Jama to be wearing white after she and Stormzy broke up.
The TV and radio presenter posed in the dress for a shoot and also went up in my books – as she told of her love for football.
In the chat for Gaffer magazine’s second edition, out now, she said: “Football is so special, because it brings people together no matter where you are in the world.
“It doesn’t discriminate against race or class or anything. You can just get fully stuck in, it changes lives.
“When I used to be a football presenter you’d meet these people where football would be their entire life, and the joy it brings to young people in any situation and any walk of life, it’s a special game.” Stormzy must regret letting her go.
- The full interview with Maya Jama is available in the second edition of GAFFER Magazine, released on Thursday 29th August 2019
- Jonah Hill in talks to play villain in The Batman
- Tiesto and Annika Backes marry in Utah desert
- Appeal Lenny Kravitz over lost sunglasses
- Kanye West settles legal battle with record label EMI
Won’t take Lo for an answer
JENNIFER Lopez’s character Ramona rips off high-flying bankers in new movie Hustlers but it seems the woman her character is based on is feeling conned too.
Former stripper Samantha Barbash is threatening to sue the production company behind the film for using her likeness without fair compensation.
In legal letters obtained by US website TMZ, and sent to the movie’s makers STX Entertainment, she claims to have: “Unequivocally rejected all offers to be included in the film.”
Her lawyers have demanded it now resolves “the flagrant violation of her rights” by offering her some cash.
- IGGY Azalea has given a boost to rising British singer Alice Chater by flying her across to the US to work with her. Aussie rapper Iggy tweeted on Monday: “Alice in Atlanta tomorrow & I’m very excited! What will we write?!” Alice, from Ramsgate, Kent, already has showbiz pals including Will.I.Am and producer Naughty Boy.
- Girls Aloud’s Nicola Roberts, radio host Edith Bowman and England Lioness Fara Williams will be taking part in this year’s Sleep Walk For Shelter, the UK’s leading housing and homelessness charity. You can also sign up for the 10km walks taking place through central London and Manchester on Tuesday, December 3.
- Jenna Dewan is expecting a baby with her boyfriend, fellow US actor and singer Steve Kazee. She said: “We are beyond overjoyed and couldn’t be happier to be expanding our family!” The Step Up star already has a daughter, Everly, with her ex- husband Channing Tatum, who she split from last April after nine years together.
- Ariana Grande fans have the chance to immerse themselves in her world this Saturday at a London pop-up shop for her new fragrance, thank u, next. It will feature a dancefloor, prom-style photographer and a bespoke banquet themed around her hit song of the same name. Fans can reserve a time slot for free at arianathankunext fragrance.co.uk
Will doesn’t get it, and neither do I
BRITAIN has gone to the dogs – and now it’s official.
Our proud island nation has been at the forefront of pop culture since The Beatles — and we can say we have done more for music than any other country on the planet.
So it was heartbreaking to see the results of a new chart of the biggest selling singles of the Noughties – which placed serial grumbler Will Young at the top alongside Gareth Gates, Alexandra Burke, and Bob The Builder.
Of those, Bob boasts the most artistic credibility. Will’s debut single, double-A side Anything Is Possible/Evergreen, sold 1.1million copies in the first week alone.
He told OfficialCharts.com, which has released a book to celebrate the biggest songs of that decade: “I still find it hard to fathom, how many people supported me in buying Evergreen/Anything Is Possible.”
I can’t fathom it either. In second place behind Will is his Pop Idol rival Gareth’s cover of Unchained Melody.
Other TV pop stars including Alexandra Burke’s Hallelujah, Hearsay with Pure And Simple, and Shayne Ward’s That’s My Goal also made the list.
Thankfully the past decade has seen us recover some of our national pride, after Adele and Ed Sheeran came to the rescue.
Noughties’ Top Ten
1 Anything Is Possible/Evergreen — Will Young
2 Unchained Melody — Gareth Gates
3 Wasn’t Me — Shaggy Ft Rikrok
4 (Is This The Way To) Amarillo — Tony Christie Ft Peter Kay
5 Hallelujah — Alexandra Burke
6 Do They Know It’s Christmas — Band Aid 20
7 Can’t Get You Out Of My Head — Kylie Minogue
8 That’s My Goal — Shayne Ward
9 Pure and Simple — Hear’say
10 Can We Fix It? — Bob The Builder
Gwen’s tartan barmy
GWEN Stefani is a week away from her 50th birthday but easily looks two decades younger.
The former No Doubt singer was out and about in New York this week promoting the new series of The Voice USA, which she is a coach on alongside her boyfriend Blake Shelton.
ROLLING IN IT
Brit scoops biggest ever £170m EuroMillions rollover jackpot
Draconids meteor shower to fill UK skies with fireballs tonight – how to spot it
CHA CHA CHAPS!
Dancing on Ice makes TV history by lining up its first same-sex dance couple
house of horrors
Katie Price’s mansion is unliveable & the family now live in the annexe
‘never been better’
Strictly backstage spat after Katya’s on air ‘dig’ at ex Neil
STRICTLY GLUM DANCING
Kevin Clifton moans ‘told you so’ after he & Anneka get Strictly boot
Who won the EuroMillions jackpost last night?
Mum who would’ve aborted son with Down’s Syndrome if she’d known wins big NHS payout
Mum creates Mrs Hinch-inspired kitchen using £28 sticky wrap after £7k quote
But Gwen, who has been dating country singer Blake since 2015, admitted she “didn’t even know he existed” before they first appeared on the show together in 2014.
She added: “Blake is a unicorn. Anywhere he goes, people are attracted to him, and he’s such an incredible talent.”
I can’t decide if this is sweet or sickening?.?.?.
TOM HANKS will be awarded the Cecil B, Demille lifetime achievement award at America’s Golden Globes in January.
Celebrated for his films including Big, Forrest Gump, Toy Story and The Green Mile, he will now win a gong given to a, “talented individual who has made a lasting impact on the film industry”.
Meryl Streep and Denzel Washington won it in the past.