By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The Garrett County Health Department received 76 additional positive COVID-19 results as well as notice of one additional death due to COVID-19 complications since the last report on Friday, November 27th, bringing the current county total positives to 778 and the total deaths to 5.
“The staff of the Garrett County Health Department extends our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of those who have lost their lives during the pandemic,” said Garrett County Health Officer Bob Stephens.
The current comparison of Garrett County to state numbers is as follows:
- 7-day positivity rate among Garrett County residents is 14.4% (Maryland rate is 6.9%)
- 7-day case rate per 100,000 among Garrett County residents is 114.2 (Maryland rate is 33.8)
The breakdown of new cases by age ranges:
- 15.8% (12 case) ages 0-20
- 23.7% (18 cases) ages 21-40
- 23.7% (18 cases) ages 41-60
- 18.4% (14 cases) ages 61-80
- 18.4% (14 cases) ages 81-100+
Garrett County Health Department will hold free COVID-19 testing on Tuesdays (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) beginning on Tuesday, December 1st, at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park, located off Bumble Bee Road between Hart for Animals and the Garrett County
Airport. There is no out-of-pocket cost to get a test at this site, and appointments and doctors’ orders are not required.
Please note the following specifics:
- It is critical that all persons waiting to be tested wear a face covering that fully covers their mouth and nose.
- When entering the site, follow event signs and watch for traffic personnel for direction. Be prepared for a possible wait depending on how many persons take advantage of this event.
- For persons who do not have symptoms of COVID-19, testing will be done indoors. Persons being tested are required to wait in their cars until they are directed to enter the building for testing.
- For persons who do have symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, aches and pains, loss of taste and smell, and headaches) testing will be done outdoors in a drive-through lane.
To receive results as quickly as possible, be prepared to supply an email address when being tested. Persons with positive COVID-19 tests will be called as soon as possible. It is important to answer the phone if someone from the Garrett County Health Department or the State of Maryland calls. Persons who do not answer their phone, or who do not give a valid email address will receive test results through the mail (USPS).
Persons interested in volunteering to help with testing are encouraged to complete the COVID-19 Testing Clinic Volunteer Interest Form located at https://garretthealth.org/volunteer. There are many ways to volunteer at upcoming community clinics, and your contributions can make a tremendous difference in helping our community have access to as many testing opportunities as possible.
Partners assisting the Garrett County Health Department with testing include Garrett County Government and Emergency Management, Garrett County Public Schools, and volunteers.
Additional COVID-19 resources:
- Visit garretthealth.org for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- To schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 test or an Influenza vaccination at the Health Department call 301-334-7697. Note: No appointment is needed for the community testing events at the MEDCO Building announced above.
- For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .