Fake Tinder hook-up at wrong address prompts police callout | #tinder | #pof


Police were called to a Dunedin house after a person was given the wrong address to go to over Tinder.

A man who went to a Dunedin house for an early morning Tinder ‘hook-up’ got the wrong address, prompting a police callout.

The 32-year-old man went to the property on Douglas St in St Kilda at about 4.20am on Sunday, Senior Sergeant Craig Dinnissen said.

He tried to enter the house, but rather than meeting a person he arranged a match with through the dating website he was faced with an alarmed resident who locked the door and called police.

The man showed police his Tinder profile, and that he had met a woman called Jo who said to come to the address, amongst “other things’’. No action was taken against him.

* Theft of expensive medical equipment from car prompts police plea
* Boozy holiday weekend keeps Dunedin police busy
* Drunk driver asleep at the wheel after late-night kebab run

Elsewhere, police did not have far to go when a 19-year-old rear-ended a car at a McDonald’s drive-through at about 2.55am on Sunday in the north of the city.

A police officer who was also there tried to signal the vehicle to stop, Dinnissen said, before the car and teenage driver fled the scene, later being found at an address in Hillary St, Pine Hill.

The driver recorded a breath alcohol reading of 149 micrograms per litre of breath, with the legal limit being zero for drivers aged under 20.

John Kirk-Anderson/Stuff

Dunedin’s Octagon was the scene of several fights in the early hours of Sunday.

Meanwhile, police were called to several fights between possible gang members in Dunedin’s Octagon in the early hours of Sunday.

The men, who had earlier been at a bar, are believed to be from outside of Dunedin, Dinnissen said.

Officers were also called to Thorn St playground in the suburb of Caversham after reports up to 80 teenagers were drinking.

One girl had to be taken home due to her levels of intoxication, Dinnissen said.

Just before midnight on Saturday police also found an unconscious 70-year-old man with blood coming from his head lying intoxicated in the middle of Springer Rd, Mornington.

He was taken to Dunedin Hospital.

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .