Game Week: Panthers Open 2020 Campaign with Austin Peay
9/7/2020 11:55:00 AM
PITT vs. AUSTIN PEAY
September 12, 2020 • 4 p.m., ET
Heinz Field (68,400/Natural Grass) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
ACC Network • Pitt Panthers Radio Network
• Pitt opens its 131st season of intercollegiate football when the Panthers host Austin Peay at Heinz Field.
• This is the first meeting between the Panthers and Governors, a member of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). Austin Peay was added to Pitt’s schedule as part of the ACC’s 10-plus-one model.
• Pitt is 84-44-2 (.654) all-time in openers. Since the 2000 season, Pitt is 14-6 (.700) in its initial game, including 4-1 (.800) under Pat Narduzzi.
• While this game serves as Pitt’s opener, Austin Peay played in the Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff on Aug. 29 and lost that neutral site game, 24-17, to Central Arkansas. The Governors will play an abbreviated 2020 slate that concludes at Cincinnati on Sept. 19.
• Austin Peay went 11-4 and advanced to the NCAA Division I playoffs in 2019.
• The Panthers have played 18 prior games against FCS opponents and are 17-1 in those contests. This will be the seventh consecutive season that Pitt has played an FCS team dating back to 2014.
• Although pandemic related, the Sept. 12 start date marks Pitt’s latest season opener since 1980, when the Panthers began the year with a 14-6 home victory over Boston College on Sept. 13.
• Since 2015, Pat Narduzzi has directed the Panthers to 24 victories in ACC play, tied for the third-highest win total (with Virginia Tech) during that span and trailing only Clemson (38) and Miami (25).
• The Panthers welcome back a veteran foundation for the 2020 season. Pitt returns 44 total lettermen, including 16 starters. The Panthers boast eight returning starters on offense, six on defense and both specialists.
Television • ACC Network
Chris Cotter (play-by-play), Mark Herzlich (analyst), Quint Kessenich (reporter)
Pitt Radio • 93.7 The Fan & Pitt Panthers Radio Network
Jeff Hathhorn (play-by-play), Pat Bostick (analyst), Larry Richert (reporter)
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Sirius 81, XM 81, Internet 81
WPTS Radio (Pitt Student Station) • 92.1 FM
The ACC Network is available through the following video providers: Altice, AT&T, Charter/Spectrum, Cox Cable, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, Sling, Verizon Fios, Vidgo and YouTube TV, among others. All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN App to authenticated cable subscribers. Fans interested in learning more about ACCN can visit GetACCN.com.
ABOUT ACC NETWORK
Owned and operated by ESPN in partnership with the Atlantic Coast Conference, ACC Network is a 24/7 national network dedicated to ACC sports that launched Aug. 22, 2019. Approximately 450 live contests including 40 regular-season football games, 150 men’s and women’s basketball games, and 200 other regular-season competitions and tournament games from across the conference’s 27 sponsored sports will be televised annually, plus a complement of news and information shows and original programming. Together, ACC Network’s TV and digital platforms featured over 1,000 ACC events in its first year. ESPN has been televising ACC content since 1979 and has exclusive rights to every conference-controlled game across sports and championships.
#H2P | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram