The HSE today announced a new partnership with Match Group’s dating platforms in Ireland to support the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines.
The HSE’s ‘For Us All’ campaign will work with leading dating brands including Tinder, Match, OK Cupid, Hinge and Plenty of Fish to encourage users to support and receive their COVID-19 vaccine when it’s offered to them.
Starting this week, Ireland’s leading dating brands will add new features to their apps and websites to support the ‘For Us All’ campaign. These features will run throughout the month of July and will encourage people to take up the opportunity to receive their vaccine.
The dating platforms will share vaccine resources and offer vaccination badges for people to display on their profiles, as well as free “Super Likes” and other boost-type features for Irish users who want to show their support for the vaccine.
Paul Reid, CEO, HSE said today:
The vaccination programme is a really important tool in our battle against COVID-19, and we’ve seen incredible support for the programme among the Irish people since we started.”
Thanks to Match Group, people using their apps can be sure they’re getting information on COVID-19 vaccines from the trusted source of – hse.ie – as well as showing their support for COVID-19 vaccines on their dating profiles. It’s a great way to bring our campaign messages to a wide audience in Ireland.
For many people on Match Group’s dating platforms, COVID-19 vaccinations are seen as a necessary step to be able to date safely in person. Users this year have proactively posted about their vaccine status and say they view this as an important component of compatibility.
Match Group brands are honored to support the Irish government’s vaccine advocacy, said Alexandre Lubot, CEO of Match Group EMEA and APAC. Widespread vaccination is a crucial element in getting back to our normal lives as quickly as possible. We’re encouraging our users to get their shots so they can once again meet in real life and make meaningful connections.
The new features will promote hse.ie as the source of accurate and up to date information. Below are examples of vaccine promotion campaigns launching across Match Group in Ireland:
- Tinder — Members will be able to add a variety of stickers to their profiles including “Vaccinated” or “Vaccines Save Lives,” with Tinder giving those who support the campaign a free “Super Like” to help them stand out among potential matches starting this week. Tinder will also launch a “Vaccine Center” which will link to resources to educate members about vaccinations. Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people.
- Match – Members will be able to add a new badge to their profiles to display their vaccine status, with those who participate in the campaign receiving a free “Boost” to help them stand out on the app. Match’s AI-enabled Dating Coach, Lara, will also encourage Match users to get their vaccination badge. Match is the place in Ireland for daters who want to start something real.
- OkCupid — Daters will be able to add an “I’m Vaccinated” profile badge and be featured within OkCupid’s “Vaccinated” stack, its new matching system that lets users search by select categories on the app. Those who participate will also receive a free “Boost.” OkCupid is the dating app made famous by its iconic questions that help people “Match on What Matters,” creating love around the world for all communities.
- Hinge — Hinge is encouraging users to share their vaccination status on their profiles and let their potential dates know if they’re fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, not yet vaccinated, or prefer not to say. As the dating app “Designed To Be Deleted,” Hinge is excited to help get its community back out on dates and, ultimately, find a relationship.
- Plenty of Fish — Members will be able to add an “I Got the Jab” badge to their profiles this week. Those who participate will receive 20 Live! credits to use on the Plenty of Fish Live! streaming feature. In the spirit of Plenty of Fish’s mission to create low pressure dating experiences, this campaign will provide members with one less question to ask so they can start building meaningful connections.
For more information on Covid 19 Vaccines visit: hse.ie/Covid19vaccine
- Showing vaccination status on these apps are voluntary and users are free to decide whether or not they disclose their vaccination status or preferences.
- Match Group through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating services available globally. Their portfolio of brands includes Tinder®, Match®, Meetic®, OkCupid®, Hinge®, Pairs™, PlentyOfFish®, and OurTime®, as well as a number of other brands.
- Match Group services are available in over 40 languages to users all over the world and similar COVID-19 vaccine promotion partnerships have been undertaken with national health agencies in the UK and the US.
- This partnership is being provided at no cost the health service.
About Match Group
Match Group (NASDAQ: MTCH), through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of digital technologies designed to help people make meaningful connections. Our global portfolio of brands includes Tinder®, Match®, Meetic®, OkCupid®, Hinge®, Pairs™, PlentyOfFish®, OurTime®, Azar®, Hakuna Live™, and more, each built to increase our users’ likelihood of connecting with others. Through our trusted brands, we provide tailored services to meet the varying preferences of our users. Our services are available in over 40 languages to our users all over the world.
Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a member – Click Here