Phony website ads placed on websites by TBI agents that have been known to attract child predators did their job and now seven suspects are charged for soliciting sex.
Several agencies took part in the human trafficking sting based in Unicoi County. The men in custody are:
- Mark Daniel Higgins, 59, of Asheville
- Jeffery Lynn Rhoney, 61, of Arden, NC
- Steven Charles Mayes, 48, of Morristown
- Benjamin Moreno, 51, of Asheville
- Jose Andrade, 41, of Johnson City
- Alberto Gonzales, 46, of Bristol, Va
- Randall Staton, 54, of Bakersville, NC
They are all held in the county jail in Erwin.
(IMAGE: Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)