When I would visit my uncles in southern Indiana when I was growing up, they would love to catch lightning bugs and do something that still to this day makes me cringe.
After he would gather up a hand full of fireflies, my uncle would smear them up and down his arms and legs so he would glow in the dark. Not the way a firefly wants to go out.
Here’s another interesting way a firefly ended its life that was caught on video.
Midwestern Frog Has a Dinner With a Lightshow
Someone caught the moment right after a frog had a snack that turned the little guy into a caution light.
Apparently, this toad swallowed a firefly, or possibly more than one, then attached himself to a glass door where a video was captured of what someone on Facebook called “heartburn.”
The video shared by ABC7 in Chicago was titled “Ever wonder what happens when a frog eats a firefly? “
Social Media Reacts to Firefly in Frog’s Belly
“That’s crazy if it’s for real!!” commented Cheryl Scott, when she saw the unusual moment of the lightning bug blinking inside the belly of a frog.
Here are some of the other fun posts there were shared on Facebook about the firefly in the frog:
Plant Some Of These In Your Idaho Garden to Keep Mosquitoes Away
LOOK: Here are the states where you are most likely to hit an animal
Hitting an animal while driving is a frightening experience, and this list ranks all 50 states in order of the likelihood of such incidents happening, in addition to providing tips on how to avoid them.