A rather great sounding update to Proton Experimental landed on May 5th, so here’s a run over what’s new and improved. Since there’s many different Proton versions it can get a bit confusing, so head on over to my beginner’s guide on Steam Play and Proton for more info.
Newly listed as playable for this update is Gunfire: Reborn.
They’ve also now enabled nvapi for these games, meaning you shouldn’t need any special workarounds to enable special NVIDIA features in-game:
- Chernobylite Enhanced Edition
- Dead Space (Remake)
- Forza Horizon 5
- Hi-Fi Rush
- Marvel’s Avengers
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Need For Speed Unbound
- Nioh 2, Propnight
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- SCP: 5K
- The Last Of Us Part I
- Watch Dogs Legion
Some more bug fixes and improvements came in too:
- Fixed Tales of Berseria suffering from screen tearing with vsync turned on while in fullscreen / borderless.
- Improved Final Fantasy XIII loading times.
- Fixed EA launcher crashing and removed the previous workaround.
- Fixed Red Dead Redemption 2 taking long time to exit with Alt+F4.
- Fixed Battle.net not starting.
- Fixed cutscenes freezing in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
- Fixed multiple Unity titles flickering on the Steam Deck when switching display window options.
- Fixed The Elder Scrolls Online wrongly claiming not enough space.
- Fixed The Elder Scrolls Online launcher showing blank window.
And finally they updated the SteamWorks SDK support to v1.57. You can see the changelog here.
Click Here For The Original Story