With a rise in swindlers online, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) is warning people against falling for people they meet online.
They’re encouraging social media users to be more discerning of those they share personal information with.
Here are some tips the TTPS posted to their online pages:
– Be careful of what you post and make public online.
– Go slowly and ask lots of questions. If they ignore your questions, this is a big red flag.
– Do not share personal or financial information online.
– Do reverse image searches of profile pictures.
– Be wary if you are asked to move from dating sites to other forms of messaging, such as WhatsApp or Telegram.