Man found not guilty of raping two women he met on dating app Tinder | #tinder | #pof

Patrick Sison/AP

A 24-year-old Dunedin man denies raping two women he met on the dating app Tinder.

A man accused of raping two women he met over the dating app Tinder has been found not guilty on all charges.

The case for and against Michael John Danyon Fraser was summed-up in the Dunedin District Court on Monday morning.

The 24-year-old Dunedin man faced charges including rape and unlawful sexual connection, concerning two women.

The jury returned the not guilty verdicts on Monday afternoon following a week-long trial.

Judge Michael Crosbie said in his summing up that both victims had claimed their sexual interactions with Fraser, which happened in early 2018, were characterised by acts of violence, including being choked during sex.

Fraser said he had sex with both women, but that it was consensual, the judge said.

The Crown argued both women went to Fraser’s home with the knowledge some form of sexual activity would take place. However, Fraser’s behaviour changed inside his home, including slapping and choking the women, which they did not consent to.

Judge Crosbie said Fraser’s defence was that both complainants consented, and that included consenting to rough sex.

A former partner of Fraser said he would, at times, choke her during sex and that it was consensual.

Judge Crosbie said the jury had to put any prejudices aside. The people in the case met over Tinder, alcohol had been involved, and their focus should be on what happened inside Fraser’s flat.

The judge thanked the jury for their work.


Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .