An accused Tinder rapist has been hit with more sexual assault and choking charges.
Brett Taylor is alleged to have raped and choked multiple women in suburban Melbourne and regional Victoria between October 2018 and May this year.
The 25-year-old appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday, when it was revealed he faced a total of six rape and four assault by choking charges.
Taylor allegedly raped and choked a woman at Narre Warren between January and February.
He’s similarly accused of raping and choking a woman at Warragul in May.
The court was told one complainant alleged she was forced to have sex.
Taylor was previously charged with raping a 19-year-old after the pair met on Tinder and had pizza at a Drouin pub in 2018.
After dinner, Taylor allegedly drove the woman to a secluded spot, and sexually assaulted and choked her until she struggled to breathe.
In March, he allegedly raped and choked an 18-year-old woman, also after meeting her on Tinder.
She told police she drank with Taylor at student accommodation in Burwood.
The woman claimed she began to feel strange, before waking up naked with Taylor at the foot of her bed and putting on a condom.
He allegedly raped and choked her while she went in and out of consciousness.
Taylor was bailed in the Supreme Court in August, before the additional charges were filed.
His barrister at the time argued the sex and “erotic asphyxiation” were consensual.
After his arrest, Taylor allegedly told police he matched with hundreds of girls on Tinder and didn’t “choke much anymore”, unless someone was into it.
His case is set down for a five-day committal in July 2021.
Australian Associated Press