Mum received videos of herself having sex from stranger on Facebook | #facebookdating | #tinder | #pof


A mum of three received videos of herself having sex from a stranger on Facebook, who she later discovered was her ‘obsessive’ ex boyfriend.

Adrian Stott harassed the woman for months when she broke up with him, creating two fake Facebook profiles from which he would send her abusive messages.

From one fake account the 47-year-old “sent videos of her with him during their relationship” and “in an abusive, threatening way” suggested he would share the images if she “continued to cross him”.

READ MORE: Armed gang who raided home to steal puppies jailed for 35 years

The woman, who the ECHO has chosen not to name, broke up with Stott after he was caught out in a bizarre lie when he pretended “his lungs were failing” having contracted coronavirus.

But when the worried girlfriend tried to find which hospital he was in there was “no trace” he had ever been admitted to one.

Peter Hussey, prosecuting at Liverpool Crown Court, said his victim, who had three children from a previous relationship, began dating Stott in 2018.

The pair were together for one year but rekindled their relationship in January 2020 after meeting “when she was at a pub with her parents and the defendant was working on the door”.

Mr Hussey said during the relationship “she found the defendant was beginning to control her” including her “time with her friends”.

He said in January Stott contacted her by phone “including a message he had been admitted to hospital” with “covid 19 symptoms” and his “lungs were failing and he was unable to say much more because his mobile phone had no charger”.

Mr Hussey said the woman was “very upset about his welfare” but after investigating there was “no trace of him being admitted to a hospital at all”.

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what’s on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here

When she contacted him again he told her “oh I’m being discharged today” and she “realised he had completely lied to her about ever being in hospital”.

Mr Hussey said she ended the relationship but in the months after they broke up Stott “repeatedly visited her” and tried to convince her to take him back.

He said on February 14 Stott sent “dozens of messages and calls from a withheld number” and “some calls were silent while some were abusive and threatening”.

Mr Hussey said “in one he threatened to kill her” and he later attended her home and “deflated her tyres”.

Stott told the woman in a message “I swear next time it won’t be the tyres let down”.

She called police and in a phone conversation he admitted he had damaged the tyres, while police “warned him to stay away”.

But later that same night Stott sent the woman a vulgar Instagram message about sex toys.

Mr Hussey said the woman “began to feel trapped in her own home” and her sister had to come and stay with her to reassure her due to Stott’s “unpredictable” behaviour.

On February 28 the woman’s sister had left her own car outside the property and “the defendant must have visited and seeing the car came to the conclusion it belonged to a boyfriend”.

Stott then “caused a significant amount of damage” and “slashed all the tyres” and “scored several panels of the car”, causing a total of £2,167 worth of damage.

Afterwards Stott sent her “sexually explicit photographs and videos” to the woman, which had been taken during their relationship.

Mr Hussey said he was demonstrating he “could commit the offence of revenge porn”.

On March 9 a non-molestation order was made which “prohibited from going within 100 metres of her home address or contacting her”.

Mr Hussey said: “The same day she received an abusive message on Facebook from a profile under the name Peter Gates.”

In the message Stott had written “Just seen the court order” before he “went on to be quite abusive”.

In a police interview Stott told an officer he “could be a nice kind person but when crossed it ‘made him angry'”.

On March 15 the woman received more Facebook messages from a different profile who “sent videos of her with him during their relationship” and “in an abusive, threatening way indicated what he would do if she continued to cross him”.

Liverpool’s courts are some of the busiest in the UK, with a huge variety of cases being heard each week.

To get a behind the scenes look at how they work and the moments that don’t make our stories, subscribe to our free weekly Echo Court Files newsletter, written by court reporters Neil Docking and Lauren Wise.

How do I sign up?

It’s free, easy and takes no time at all.

  1. First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre.
  2. Once you’re there, put your email address where it says at the top, then click on the Echo Court Files button. There are other newsletters available too if you want them as well.
  3. When you’ve made your choice, press the Save Changes button at the bottom.

In a statement the woman said “three months later I still live in a state of anxiety through Adrian’s behaviour towards me”.

She added she felt “dread at the prospect of meeting the defendant who works as a doorman in Liverpool city centre”.

Stott has three previous convictions, two of which were “domestic” and the latest of which took place 20 years ago.

Chris McMaster, defending, said Stott acknowledged it was an “unpleasant case” and had entered guilty pleas at the earliest opportunity.

He said Stott had already spent 12 days in custody, the first time he had been in prison, and had had a “profound effect upon him indeed”.

He said: “For the past 12 days he has learned the hardest lesson of what can happen when you do these things.”

Mr McMaster said he had been on “suicide watch” for much of his time in custody and in a report noted he “wasn’t in his right mind”.

He added that in a character reference the mother of his two children had “painted a different picture”

Mr McMaster said: “Indeed for 20 years Mr Stott didn’t trouble the courts and was employed and appears to have been a good father to his children and a well-liked member of the community.”

Stott, of Hallville Road, Wallasey, admitted harassment without violence, criminal damage and breach of a non-molestation order.

Judge Robert Trevor-Jones, sentencing, said Stott “simply didn’t accept” that the relationship was over and proceeded to harass her with a “degree of obsession on your part about not letting go”.

The judge said: “Throughout all of this the only person you were thinking about was yourself.”

Judge Trevor-Jones said his victim “became a nervous wreck” due to Stott’s “unnatural behaviour”.

The judge told Stott “you appear to have genuine remorse” and had “stayed out of trouble for 20 years”.

Stott was handed a 20-week sentence suspended for 18 months.

He must also complete 15 Rehabilitation Activity Requirement days.

Judge Trevor-Jones ordered Stott to pay £1,000 in compensation and imposed a five-year restraining order.

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .


Previous Post
Next Post