You might be new to dating for a couple of reasons such as getting out of a divorce or getting that opportunity to actually date someone you really like just came your way. Asking someone out is complicated at times (especially for someone who’s gone rusty or haven’t really tried asking someone out) and doesn’t always generate a positive response.
Here are some dating tips to help you get a date:
1. Start by going out more often and by going to places where you can actually meet people. Mingle and widen your circle. This way, you get to know more people and there is a bigger chance of people introducing you to potential dates which brings me to my next tip;
2. Be polite, be a gentleman. When asking a woman out, make sure that you don’t look nor sound too eager. You don’t have to be rude. Even if people introduce you to potential dates you don’t like. Even if you need to decline, do it nicely.
3. Timing is crucial. You don’t ask a girl out just because you see her passing by. You don’t ask a girl out while both of you are rushing to get a cab. You don’t ask a girl out in the midst of dealing with a break-up. You don’t ask a girl out in the middle of a painful family feud. You get my point?
4. Establish an actual friendship. It’s slightly creepy for a girl to be asked out by someone point blank (not unless you’re in a bar and both of you are half drunk). Establish a connection such as common friends or asking her out by the third meeting instead of the first. This allows you to know her better and for her to get an idea of your intentions. However, don’t slip into the friendship zone because once this happens, it’s harder for her to consider you as a dating partner.
Be confident. You can set the mood by asking her out for a friendly cup of coffee and then pluck up the courage to ask her out on an actual date. You can really only rely on yourself when you ask someone out on a date. If it’s a date that a third party has set up, be confident to ask her personally and not just shop up for the actual date. Believe me, that small effort goes a long way.
6. Be realistic. You don’t ask people out just because you like them. What if you do like them but they’re not in the position to be dating yet, you still ask them out? Asking a person on a date doesn’t always lead to a date.
7. If you’re unsuccessful, take a break. If you’re not getting the results you want, maybe you’re doing something wrong. Back track and then re-enter the scene with a renewed goal.
8. Look your best. And by saying look your best, I’m not just asking you to dress to impress but don’t forget to keep your hygiene in check. Women like men who know how to take care of themselves.
9. Have fun. Dating is all about getting to know each other and having fun.
Remember these dating tips to help you find a date but also keep in mind that these tips can only get you so far when majority of the effort is up to you and how you work around these tips. I’m pretty sure you’ll find them extremely useful. Always keep an open mind when asking someone out. There’s always a 50-50 chance she’ll say no but if you get the timing right, chances are you’ll get the better three letter word response.