NEW YORK, March 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — As many people are spending more time at home than in a public space, Dating.com, part of the Dating.com Group and the company behind numerous online dating sites, has revealed a spike in online dating use nationally and internationally.
Currently both in and out of the United States, singles are looking to more health conscious ways of connecting with others. Dating.com found that other than the United States, Italy, China and Spain have seen the highest spikes in online dating in the past couple weeks. In the United States specifically, online dating has increased a significant amount in California, New York, and Washington. To find out more, Dating.com conducted a survey of its members to learn more. Insights include.
- 82% of singles have turned to online dating during early March to improve health and wellness.
- Out of those surveyed, almost 5% of singles reported that they are going to stop dating all together for the next several weeks.
- 30% of those surveyed shared that they are just going to stick with chatting to potential partners using dating sites, such as Dating.com until they can meet up in person.
- A little more than 50% of daters said they are interested in conducting online dates to get to know people they have met online.
- Almost 60% of those surveyed said they prefer online dating to finding a date in person.
“Dating in general can be difficult and now with more people spending time at home, dating has become even more of a challenge all around the world.” says Maria Sullivan, Vice President and Dating Expert of Dating.com. “Online dating such as text chatting and video calling is a great way for singles to have that human connection, while not actually meeting up in person. Being 2020, anything is possible and as seen in the past, many true love stories can come out of meeting someone online.
With social-distancing becoming popular during the month of March, many are choosing to stay at home rather than mingle is crowded public spaces. Just because singles are now spending more time at home, does not mean their dating lives have to be put on the backburner. Individuals can get online and chat with potential partners. After making a connection, Dating.com has shared the below first date ideas that can be conducted from the comfort of individual’s homes over video chat.
- Watch a movie: Pick a movie that you have both never seen, make some movie snacks (for yourself of course) and watch the movie together over video chat simultaneously. You can laugh together or be scared together depending on the movie. Afterwards you and your date and discuss what you thought of the film.
- Play a game: There are so many fun games to play over video chat that will keep you and your date entertained for hours. You can play games that allow you to get to know each other such as Two Truths and a Lie or Never Have I Ever. While on the other had you can just play fun games that pass time like charades and 20 questions.
- Make dinner together: Pick a dish that you and your date have never had before and make it together over video chat. When the meal is complete compare to see whose dish looks more delicious.
Homebody singles can find everything they are looking for among Dating.com’s extensive, international network of singles. With access to millions of potential matches from more than 32 countries worldwide, members increase their chances of finding their other half. To register, please visit www.dating.com.
About Dating.com Group
Dating.com Group is a global social discovery platform, enabling people from around the globe to connect through the power of shared interests and mutual benefits. Dating.com Group has offices in seven countries and a team of more than 500 professionals with more than 73 million registered users across the entire portfolio. Our brands include Dating.com, DateMyAge, LovingA, Tubit, AnastasiaDate, ChinaLove, and many more, each with a unique platform tailored to different communities defined by interest, geography and demographics.