Hannah Brown, relaxing in a bubble bath. Hannah Brown, putting on makeup. Hannah Brown, discussing her bucket list. Hannah Brown, dishing about her dating habits.
If you’ve been wondering what the Bama “Bachelorette” star is up to lately … well, Brown tells us all about it on her new YouTube channel.
For about a month now, the Tuscaloosa native has been posting videos that offer fans a peek into her life in Los Angeles. Brown, 26, has about 160,000 subscribers to date, and the popularity of her videos ranges from about 52,000 views (Brown creates a fall flower arrangement in a pumpkin) to 1.6 million views (Brown sits down with Tyler Cameron to reveal what “actually happened during quarantine … and where we are now”).
“I’ve shared some of my most intimate personal parts of my life with millions,” Brown says during a brief introductory clip. “Why not just continue doing that?” (The video starts with her in the bathtub, offering a teasing smile and promising to spill “all the tea.”)
Other videos focus on her apartment — moving in, decorating, hiring a company to declutter — and Brown’s recent adventures in online dating.
“I want a man, not a boy, like, uh!, that just has their crap together, can be a rock and be like, super-supportive of me,” Brown says. ”But also right now, it doesn’t really mater. I just want a cute guy to hang out with and be taken on a date. You know, it’s expensive out here. Somebody can buy my drinks, my food, my coffee.”
In a video posted Nov. 11 (titled “I’M DATING Y’ALL!”), Brown discusses her feelings about a renewed quest for romance, talking directly into the camera as she applies highlighter, blush and few other cosmetics. Although she professes to be a little nervous about dating, Brown says she’s ready to dive back in, even during the coronavirus pandemic.
“This is the time to have some good old mask fun,” Brown says. “There’s no pressure for anything because of the world that we live in right now. I mean, I’m not going to just, like, freakin’ start mackin’ on you. I don’t know you.”
Although she mentions using a dating app, Brown never tells us which one. Nor does she show her prospective suitors on camera. Instead, Brown offers commentary on the guys before and after her dates — and on one occasion, even sneaks in a quick update as she’s leaving the scene.
“He’s really sweet, but there’s no connection there, you know?” Brown says. “But it was still good. I had the Chilean sea bass, and it was great, so … good date, free food, not my guy.”
Spoiler alert: Nothing earthshaking happens in any of Brown’s videos — at least, not in the first eight — but fans appear to be tuning in, eager to find out more about Alabama Hannah. (“I love how she talks to us like we’re her best friends, she doesn’t hold back and I love her so much!” posted commenter Olivia Crumback.)
In a video about her “goals and intentions of 2020,” Brown reveals that her bucket list includes:
- “Dance in the rain. … I want to do it with some really hot, beautiful man.”
- “Ride an elephant. Is that illegal now?”
- “Go to the Grand Canyon.”
- “Star gazing in the back of a pickup truck.”
- “I just want to be in a music video … but, like, a good one.”
- “See the seven wonders of the world.”
- “Spin clay thing. Make pottery. That moment with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore — is it Patrick Swayze? — in ‘Ghost.’”
- “Eat macaroons and see the Eiffel Tower.”
- “Be a foster home.”
- “Design my dream home.”
- “Ride on a dolphin’s back.”
- “Nude beach with girlfriends. LOL. Hanging out, lettin’ it loose.”
- “Stay in an over-water bungalow.”
- “Make new friends and make a good community in my new home.”
- “Acting classes.”
- “Hallmark Christmas movies. LOL.”
- “Love. I still want it, the real kind. Right now, in the meantime, I’m really going to work on truly loving myself and being so confident and positive with this chick.”
Brown posts new videos on Wednesdays, and we’re not sure what her next topic will be. She promises however, to create videos that are “fun, real and valuable.”
“This is going to be a way for me to tell my own story, my own way, unfiltered,” Brown says. “Lord bless us all, we’re just getting started.”