CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW) – Montgomery County has extended its countywide mask order for another week, through Sept. 7.
The previous order was issued on July 17 and went into effect July 20.
“Our numbers are now moving in the direction that we want to see,” Durrett said Friday. “Our cases were climbing significantly but active cases in Montgomery County have dropped by nearly 100 in the last 14 days versus the previous 14 days, so it seems the mask mandate is beginning to work. Hopefully everyone will stay diligent in practicing social distancing and wearing face-coverings so we can get through this faster.”
The White House Task Force Map shows that Montgomery County has moved from the red zone to the yellow zone since the mask mandate was put into effect.
Here are the rest of the local statistics as of Friday at 2 p.m.:
- 2,378 lab confirmed and 62 probable cases for a total of 2,440 since March 6
- 28 total deaths
- 22 new cases today out of 320 new test results
- 355 new cases out of 5,151 tests in last 14 days
- 275 total school-age cases (5-18)
- 59 school age cases (last 14 days)
- 1 new hospitalization
- 102 total hospitalizations
- 31,048 total negative lab results
Because of a problem at the state level with the data, active cases aren’t currently reliable. Smith said he’s working with the state to sort out the issue.
Mask order rules
The latest order will expire at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 7. It requires cloth or other face coverings that cover the nose and mouth to impede the spread of the virus during speaking, coughing, sneezing or other action, within all publicly accessible areas of commercial business establishments; public outdoor areas where social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained; and within publicly accessible areas of business offices where there is direct interaction with the public and social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained, the release said.
- Any person who is of age 12 or under;
- Any person who cannot safely wear a face covering because he/she has trouble breathing due to an underlying health condition or another bona fide medical or health-related reason for not wearing a face covering;
- Anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove a face-covering without assistance;
- Persons in a private residence;
- Persons who are outdoors, unless the person cannot substantially maintain appropriate 6-foot social distancing from others outside of the person’s household;
- Persons while eating or drinking;
- Persons in a place of worship or participating in any type of religious ceremony or activity attendant thereto (unless a face-covering is required by the place of worship or other location where the religious ceremony is taking place), although persons in places of worship or otherwise participating in religious ceremonies or activities attendant thereto are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings to slow the spread of COVID-19;
- Persons within private motor vehicles, unless such vehicle is being used for public transportation or a vehicle for hire;
- Persons working under conditions where appropriate social distancing of at least six feet from others outside the person’s household is substantially maintained;
- Persons present in government facilities, or on government premises, who shall be subject to the rules and regulations of the governmental entity operating the facility or premises.
- Persons present in the public areas of all Montgomery County government facilities will wear cloth or other face-coverings, subject to the age and health restrictions outlined herein, and subject to number
- Other local governmental entities may issue their own directives regarding their facilities;
- Persons in a voting site for the purpose of voting or administering an election; although such persons are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings to slow the spread of COVID-19;
- Persons who are engaging in strenuous exercise and/or physical activity, provided, however, that such persons shall maintain 6-foot social distancing when not wearing a face covering;
- Persons for whom wearing a face-covering would pose a safety or security risk;
Businesses and facilities will be required to post signs telling patrons of the order, and businesses will be required to enforce it.
For more information, visit mcgtn.org or call 931-648-5787.