2020 presents a huge opportunity to strengthen the relationship between Mackay residents, police and staff at the Dudley Denny Library in Victoria Street, Mackay.
Following a productive meeting with the library team leader, Kimberley, officers from Mackay Police are scheduled to attend and interact with library attendees on more than twenty occasions this year!
Thursday, January 2 marked our very first visit! It gave us the opportunity to speak with local residents in a relaxed fashion.
Visitors to the library were quick to approach us about the reporting of traffic offences, online scams, home and vehicle crime prevention ideas and also matters relating to elder abuse.
We were fortunate to be in a position to provide them with resources and print outs that could help.
The most relevant dates for upcoming events at local libraries are below:
- Gordon White Library, Mount Pleasant Coffee with a Cop: Thursday, February 6 from 10am to 11am.
- Gordon White library, Mount Pleasant Safer Internet Day: Saturday, February 11 from 11am
- Police will talk about whether or not your online romance is actually real, or are you being scammed?
- Mirani Public Library, Victoria Street, Mirani, presentation on scams: Sunday, February 12 from 5pm
- A further presentation on romance scams for local residents.
We are very grateful to residents for their interest and support at the Dudley Denny Library.
We must also add a special thank you to Acting Inspector Nathan Blain and Senior Sergeant Damian Wells for attending and supporting the event.
We hope you come and say hello on February 6!