Scots singletons will be able to apply for this summer’s Love Island through Tinder for the first time.
The popular dating app has teamed up with the hit ITV2 reality show ahead of its long-awaited return to our screens later this year.
Tinder members will be able to apply for the show through their dating profile from today.
Scots hopefuls simply have to swipe right on one of Love Island’s swipe cards, which can be found in the stack of potential matches.
Profiles will then be sent off to Tinder’s team for review and verification, with selected ones being contacted by the dating firm.
An email will ask to confirm details before being passed over to the Love Island casting team – making you one step closer to a summer at the show’s villa this summer.
Earlier this month, ITV announced that the programme would be returning to TV screens for the first time in over a year this summer.
The last series saw Paige Turley become Scotland’s first ever Scot to be crowned winner of the show after she hooked up with current boyfriend Finn Tapp.
Daniel is a trends and advance content writer for the Daily Record.
Follow him on Facebook here and Twitter here.
You can also contact Daniel at email@example.com
For those looking to become the second Scot to win the show – and more importantly find love in a swanky villa – Tinder and Love Island has provided five tips to get your profile noticed.
- TRUST IN YOUR SAUCE – When applying for the show be authentic; show off your unique personality by creating a bio that gives us the insight into the real you
- I T’S ALL ABOUT YOU – Make sure you upload pictures that best represent you. And by you we mean just you! Ditch the group shots and go solo in front of the camera.
- GOOD VIBES – Show off what you love to do in your spare time by telling us about your hobbies and interests, add in your Spotify anthems and generally a bit more about you.
- LAY IT ON FACTOR 50 – The more you tell us, the more likely you are to get noticed. Make sure you select your ‘passions’ in your profile.
- SERIOUSLY SINGLE – We need to see that you’ve been looking for love on Tinder. Have you matched on Tinder recently? If not, get on the app!
Renate Nyborg, EMEA General Manager at Tinder, said: “Bringing together the world’s most popular dating app and an iconic dating show is the perfect match!
“Tinder has the UK’s widest and most diverse community of singletons, so as this long-awaited dating season heats up, being on Tinder can change everything… Whether that’s sparking new connections, or kicking off your journey to the Love Island villa!”