Scots thug attacked Tinder date after moving in then followed her as she fled to parents | #tinder | #pof

A man who attacked his Tinder date the day he moved in with her, then followed her down the road as she fled to her parents’ house and attacked her father as well, is facing jail.

Alan Muir, 38, assaulted Michelle Baird after the couple toasted their decision to live together.

Falkirk Sheriff Court heard that the couple had begun co-habiting at Michelle’s flat in Falkirk, Stirlingshire, three months after meeting on the dating app.

They celebrated with a drink, but then began to argue about the amount of whisky Muir was consuming.

Michelle, also 38, asked him to leave, but Muir continued to argue and then launched a violent assault on her.

Falkirk Live is an exciting new title bringing you the latest headlines from Falkirk and beyond.

But did you know all the ways you can stay informed with us?

We share live news and exclusive scoops every day so make sure you’re following us so we can keep you informed on all things Falkirk!

He attacked her, grabbed her head, and banged it on the laminate floor.

She managed to regain her feet, feeling “light-headed”, but Muir pushed her to the ground, placed his knee on her chest, and “seized her by the neck with both hands and squeezed tightly”.

Prosecutor Cheryl Clark said: “She attempted to shout for help but she was struggling to breathe.”

She said that as Muir continued to compress her neck, Miss Baird “managed to kick him in the groin and he let go of her and she got up”.

She managed to get out of her house in Woodburn Road, Falkirk, and run down the road to her parents’ some 150 metres away.

Woodburn Road, Falkirk

His father, James Baird, a 66-year-old ambulance care assistant, heard his daughter banging on the door at midnight, screaming, “Dad, let me in, he’s going to kill me”.

But before her father could let her in, Muir, who had followed her, grabbed her by the throat again.

Ms Clark said: “When James Baird opened the door he observed the accused with his hands round Michelle’s neck.”

She said that Mr Baird attempted to pull Muir away, but Muir took one of his hands away from Michelle’s neck and used it to grab Mr Baird by the neck while continuing to hold onto Michelle’s neck with his other hand.

Eventually, Mr Baird managed to break free, push Muir away from Michelle and both of them managed to get inside the house, lock the door, and called police.

Officers detained Muir at the wheel of a van, parked outside Michelle’s house.

Smelling strongly of alcohol, he immediately became aggressive towards police, shouting, “Take the cuffs off and see what happens, I’ll kill you, f****** p******, a********”.

He was arrested and at Falkirk Police Station he provided a sample of blood that proved on analysis to contained 164 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres, more than three-and-a-quarter times the legal limit, which is 50.

Michelle suffered multiple bruises in the incident, on January 17th/18th last year (2020).

Muir, of Lockerbie, Dumfriesshire, pleaded guilty Tuesday April, 6, 2021 to assault, drink-driving, and threatening and abusive behaviour.

He also admitted breaching bail by getting in touch with Michelle and her father three days later.

Solicitor-advocate Stephen Biggam, defending, said Muir “was aware of the potential consequences”.

Sheriff Simon Collins QC deferred sentence until May 12th for a social background report.

He continued bail, but warned Muir that a custodial sentence might be “inevitable”.

Muir was disqualified from driving with immediate effect — the length of the ban will be announced at the sentencing hearing.

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .