#sextrafficking | GirlsDoPorn actor pleads guilty to sex trafficking, conspiracy | #tinder | #pof | #match

An adult-film actor tied to a San Diego company that authorities say tricked and coerced women into making pornography pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to conspiracy and sex trafficking.

Ruben Andre Garcia admitted his role as a recruiter and performer with GirlsDoPorn.com and GirlsDoToys.com., according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Diego. Authorities said the company recruited young and underage women who had never appeared in an adult film, then tricked them into to performing sex acts on camera.

The women had been assured that the videos were for overseas use in private DVD collections, and would not be seen in the U.S. However, authorities said, the filmmakers intended to post the videos online, and some of the women suffered serious repercussions when they were outed.

Garcia admitted to threatening and deceiving the women, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a news release. He also admitted that he paid other young women to lie to reluctant recruits, falsely telling them they had made similar videos and reassuring them they would not be posted online.

“This defendant was a key player in a despicable fraud that has devastated the victims,” U.S. Attorney Robert Brewer said in a statement issued after Garcia’s change of plea.

Garcia’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He is scheduled to be sentenced in San Diego federal court in March. His sentence is at the discretion of the judge.

Garcia’s change of plea had been in the works, and it comes the same week that 40 women in GirlsDoPorn or GirlsDoToys videos sued MindGeek, which operates websites including PornHub, for hosting videos from the two websites. Among the demands is at least $2 million in damages per plaintiff, as well as restitution from money earned from posting the videos. They also want the videos taken down.

Indictments in the GirlsDoPorn case were handed up in October 2019. Federal authorities arrested Garcia along with company co-owner Matthew Isaac Wolfe, now 37, and an office administrative assistant, who allegedly helped recruit women. A total of six defendants were named.

Among them was company co-owner Michael James Pratt, a 36-year-old New Zealand native, who disappeared. His whereabouts remain unknown, and in September, the FBI announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office said the company’s two websites — GirlsDoPorn.com and GirlsDoToys.com — had generated more than $17 million in revenue.

GirlsDoPorn.com was also the target of a civil suit last year by 22 women who alleged they were deceived and coerced. Following a four-month bench trial, a San Diego Superior Court judge awarded the women $12.7 million.

The allegations in the civil and criminal cases are largely based on the same set of facts.

According to an FBI affidavit wit the initial indictment, the women answered Craigslist ads for modeling jobs, and were told they would be making sex videos for as much as $5,000, and the videos would not appear online.

The women who agreed flew to San Diego. Some were plied with alcohol or marijuana, then pressured into giving the company full rights over the videos.

Some victims said they were forced to perform acts they had not agreed to, and they were told they would not be paid if they did not do so.

After the videos were posted online, some of the women faced harassment and threats, and further repercussions when strangers told their family and friends about the videos.




Source link

————————————————————–

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .


_________________________