From announcing that your brother is doing time for murder to calling you his girfriend just 40 minutes into a first date, women from across the country have been sharing their Tinder dating fails.
When Co Tyrone makeup artist and blogger Olivia McVeigh asked her Instagram followers to share their Tinder dating fails, her inbox was flooded in minutes with women sharing their first date horror stories.
Showing these women that they aren’t alone in the experiences, Olivia shared some of the responses which range from hilarious to shocking.
Here are just some of the revelations:
- “Went to the cinema and the lad insisted to pay and goes, ‘it’s OK I robbed someone’s card, it’s on me!”
- “Took a boy home after a night out in Galway, woke up and he had took all the money out of my friend’s purses, we had to leave the next day instead of staying another night.”
- “Called me his girlfriend after 40 minutes and told me his brother was in jail for murder.”
- “Picked me up and five minutes later he got arrested, dropped home in a patrol car.”
- “Guy called me fat on the way to the restaurant.”
- “Tinder date ended up to be my second cousin!”
- “My formal date didn’t sit with me for the meal and then kissed another girl the whole night”
- “Tipping away with a boy from Tinder to realise he was two timing me with my best friend”
- “Got told I’m wifey material and on our date he brought clothes and asked me to iron them.”
- “Thought he was funny, licked his thumb and rubbed my eyebrow, wiping it off!”
- “He found out he got a parking ticket and he messaged me and asked me to pay for it.”
- “Went on a first date and he told me to Google him and came up how he was in jail.”
- “Brought £1.20 on the date, couldn’t even buy himself a drink…”
- “Went on two dates with a lad, started being weird and then put up a pic of him and his girlfriend after.”
- “Fella picked me up for the cinema first date, had to hold the diesel can on my knees because the back was full of barbed wire and the boot had a bale in it.”
- “He offered me a lift home in his ford, I thought a Ford Fiesta, naw it was a Ford tractor.”
- “Went on a tinder date he picked me up and we went to the beach, his car broke down on the way back and he rang his mum and she collected him and not me. Left me stranded.”
Are you a lover of Style, Beauty or Interiors? Maybe you want the latest tips on keeping fit, eating right, organising your home and staying well, not to mention all the latest showbiz goss and the craic around town? If that sounds right up your street then follow Belfast Live’s brand new lifestyle page Be.
You can find us on Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram.
- “Went to the cinema and when we came out a group of boys were waiting to beat him up.”
- “Went to his house after a driving lesson and seen a girl walking in front of me and had a weird feeling and walked into his house and he got rapid phone calls, turns out it was his girlfriend. Then dropped me home and wanted me to go back later that night.”
- “I went on my first date in three years, go to the loo and come back and he was gone and had stolen my purse.”