Woman finds her potential match is a scammer: Mayfield Village Police Blotter | #facebookdating | #tinder | #pof


Fraud: South Woodlane Drive

A woman, 25, reported Dec. 15 that she was scammed by a man she met on a dating app. She said they became friends and he eventually sent her a check for $2,400 to deposit. He then said he sent too much so she sent him $1,000. The check was later found to be bad. The incident is under investigation.

Road rage: Wilson Mills Road

A motorist reported Dec. 16 that the driver of another vehicle pointed a gun at him during a road rage incident. Responding officers located and searched that driver and his vehicle but did not locate a gun.

Theft: Derby Drive

A resident reported Dec. 16 that she was selling items through Facebook Marketplace and an unknown woman picked up items that were left on her porch. Upon investigation, officers learned the woman who had taken the items was at the wrong house but was supposed to pick up items. It was found to be a misunderstanding and all items and money were returned to the proper people.

Unwanted guest: Beta Drive

Officers were requested to stand by Dec. 16 as management at the Holiday Inn removed a guest from his room. The man was found to have an active warrant out of Parma and was advised and released. He subsequently left in an Uber.

Animals: Wetlands

A woman was warned Dec. 16 for the second time about having her dogs leashed while walking them at the Wetlands. She had one leash for three dogs.

Impaired driving: Beechers Brook Drive

A pick-up truck was reported Dec. 20 to have struck a tree at a resident’s property and left the area. The vehicle was located in the area and the driver was found to be drunk. The 57-year-old resident was charged with OVI and treated for minor injuries. The driver of another vehicle reported that his vehicle was also struck by the man’s vehicle and was left disabled.

Disturbance: Beta Drive

A Holiday Inn guest was confronted at the hotel Dec. 21 by a man he had fired earlier in the day at a construction site in which he was supervising. Responding officers learned the suspect had also paid for a room at the hotel. Management said he could stay, but the man chose to be picked up by a friend.

Read more from the Sun Messenger.

Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .