Women urged to come forward after video found on alleged Tinder rapist’s phone | #tinder | #pof

She visited a police station on July 29 and police launched an investigation that culminated in the arrest of a 30-year-old man at the apartment on Tuesday.

Mobile phones and video recording equipment, along with prescription and illicit drugs, were allegedly found.

Ongoing forensic analysis of the phones is under way, with videos on one featuring other unknown women appearing to have been filmed at different times, police said.

“Now whilst the accused is entitled to the presumption of innocence, the behaviour that the officers have seen on the phone has certainly raised their concerns about what may have happened involving other people,” Superintendent Fleming said.

“This behaviour could have happened over the last year or two.”

Superintendent Fleming urged anyone who believed they might have been subjected to a similar incident to come forward.

He said the “intimate” imagery suggested it could have included up to five other young women.

“Some people may not know the full circumstances because of what may have happened in this person’s company,” Superintendent Fleming said.

“The first issue is their welfare and our officers will refer people in the right direction there, but also is there something bigger here that we need to look at.”

The man was charged with 10 offences including rape, sexual assault, stupefying in order to commit an indictable offence, unlawful stalking, observations or recordings in breach of privacy and drug charges.


Source link

.  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .    .    .   .   .   .   .   .  .   .   .   .  .  .   .  .